The Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) announced the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) Antyodaya Diwas, on 25th September 2014. DDU-GKY is a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), tasked with the dual objectives of adding diversity to the incomes of rural poor families and cater to the career aspirations of rural youth. The Yojana was launched on the occasion of the 98th birth day of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay. Earlier theYojana was known as Aajeevika Skills Development Programme (ASDP).
- The target given by ASRLMS to Empower Pragati is 1500 rural youths, which will be trained and placed in jobs with regular wages within Oct 2017- Sept 2020.
- The target groups for skilling are candidates in the age group 15 – 35 years from rural poor households.
- Districts to be covered are Dhubri, Nagaon, Karbi Anglong, Karimganj, Hailakandi, Cachar, Chirang & Baksa.
- Training without any payment.
- Free accommodation and food.
- All candidates will be provided an One pair of uniform in case of 3 month or 6month course
- A bank account will be opened by the PIA for all candidates in the first month of training
- All candidates will receive training material free of cost including work books, note books and other study materials.
- Candidates who complete their training and get placed will receive post placement support of:
1000 per month for 2 months for the Placements within District of domicile
1000 per month for 3 months for the Placements within State of domicile
1000 per month for 6 months for the Placements outside State of domicile
Empower Pragati DDUGKY Skills Centre
NH 27, Above Akash Hyundai.
Near Sarusajai Stadium.
Sarusajai, Guwahati -781040.
Kamrup (M). Assam.
Ph – 7670010056